I thought this week I’d take a break from TV and let you inside part of my writing process. Every book I write has a playlist and one theme song. I love the theme song because it’s what I believe truly captures the story and the characters.
I’m currently writing Memories of You, the next book in my Lincoln Falls series. It tells the story of Lissa and Zach. The theme song for this book is “Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now” by Starship.
Here’s the rest of my playlist:
1. “Chances” by Air Supply
2. “Parachute” by Train
3. “Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson
4. “Wild Wild Love” by Pitbull ft. G.R. L.
5. “Any Man of Mine” by Shania Twain
6. “Problem” by Ariana Grande
7. “Think Good Thoughts” by Colbie Caillat
8. “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon
9. “Going to the Chapel” by The Crystals
By the way, the theme song for The Best Intentions is “Hot N Cold” by Katy Perry and “Roar” by Katy Perry is the theme song for Finding the Dream. Yes, I was listening to a lot of Katy Perry when I wrote those books.
What’s on your playlist?